[Dxspider-support] SWL cluster

Ian Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Mon May 2 19:05:34 BST 2011

--
Ian J Maude, G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC & HB9DRV-9 DX Clusters
Member RSGB, GQRP 9838, FISTS 14077 | K3 #455
http://www.m0scg.org.uk

On 2 May 2011, at 11:02, Brendan Minish wrote:
>> 2. Could the existing callsign checking be perhaps overridden to
>> enable first name logins? (Is this even a good idea?).  I would be
>> using the usual registration system.
>
> Then there's no DXCC info for the call to support appropriate filtering
> etc, Seems to me that the big advantage that an SWL cluster offers it's
> users over Summit etc IS the ability to set filters, Do path predictions
> etc

I am trying to get to grips with what you are saying here Brendan.  What appropriate filtering?  The local user sets his/her locator for the vast majority of stuff.  As the SWL cluster would be isolated from the network, how does this fit with your response.  Apologies if I am missing something :)

73 Ian