[Dxspider-support] Running on a Beaglebone Black

Nuno Sucena Almeida slug at aeminium.org
Mon Jan 6 18:15:05 GMT 2014

On 01/03/2014 08:24 PM, Jim Bayer wrote:
> So sorry I took this long to get this onto the list.  Here are the
> instructions for installing perl on a Beaglebne Black.   I use this perl to

Alternatively you can install Debian/Ubuntu , instead of the stock
Angstrom and get the same perl version you suggest. By the way, BBB is
moving away from Angstrom, from a recent message on the BBB mailing list.

ubuntu at bb2:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	13.10
Codename:	saucy

ubuntu at bb2:~$ uname -a
Linux bb2 3.8.13-bone28 #1 SMP Fri Sep 13 01:11:14 UTC 2013 armv7l
armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

ubuntu at bb2:~$ perl --version

This is perl 5, version 14, subversion 2 (v5.14.2) built for
arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int

Copyright 1987-2011, Larry Wall

	regards,
		Nuno