[Dxspider-support] Inittab ??

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 16:16:53 BST 2015

Dirk

Centos6 uses upstart, Centos7 has migrated to systemd

I am not sure what Debian7 uses, it may well still be upstart or even
systemV, Debian8 Definitely uses systemd

A quick look at one of the other config scripts should reveal which is
in use

My Upstart config for centos6 is here
http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/Centos6#Service_Configuration

I should find the time sometime to do full instructions on the wiki for
installing on Centos7, it's very straightforward.

To the original poster

it would be 'better' to use an appropriate systemd/upstart config and
let the system manage the cluster as a service
Using init to do it is a bit 'hackish'

73
Brendan EI6IZ

73