[Dxspider-support] Cloud hosting

Kelly Leavitt kelly at catcorner.org
Fri Aug 5 16:21:20 BST 2016

In an earlier email, Mike said:

> But I DO want to get off my hosting service and get moved into Google's cloud.  That's in-progress.

Right now, I host my server at home on an old relic of a dell desktop. I only ever have at most 20 connected users. I do store the spots in a small mySQL database (about 1 Gig) for historical search and a little web app that shows the most recent spots in a mobile friendly table. (just browse to http://dx.scarcnj.org to see the resulting table)

What would the advantage be to moving to google hosting (other than reliability). I'm getting a monthly cost of about $30 to do everything I want on google cloud and I'm not sure that would support telnet access at that price. What other VM/Cloud hosting platforms do other sysops use and what machine model are you basing it on?

Thanks,

and 73 de Kelly

KB2SYD