[Dxspider-support] Controlling upstream spots

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 20:21:55 GMT 2016

On 8 Jan 2016 at 12:11, djk wrote:

> On 08/01/16 09:08, Allen wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Looking for advice as to controlling what spots are feed into the
> > DXCluster network.
> >
> > I have a site with multiple upstream feeds. I and others use the site
> > as a feed for logging software and enjoy the spots.
> >
> > I want to post spots to my cluster which are really only for local
> > consumption, not all. So need to be able to allow some spots out but
> > prevent others from going into the cluster system.
> >
> > What would be the best way to approach this ?
> > Happy to research but currently lost for direction.
> >

> "help filter"
>
> Or look at the filtering page of http://wiki.dxcluster.org.
>
> But if what you want to do is prevent spots _leaving_ the node, then
> what you need is to fiddle with "acc/spot node_default <filter spec>".
> The filter spec should be something that defines the spots that you want
> allow out. Alternatively you can use "rej/spot node_default <filter
> spec>" whose filter spec targets stuff you don't want to leave.
>
> But I think you are going to have to be much more specific about what
> you want to happen. There isn't enough detail at the moment to be more
> helpful.
>
> Dirk G1TLH

Hello Dirk (and Allen), I tinkered with node_default spot filters a little while ago and ended up
with a spot input filter on GB7DXC-5 that looked like:

rej/spot node_default input on hf and not by_zone 14,15

This prevented all spots not originated in zones 14 or 15 from getting into the node and then
being sent to its connected users, which was what I wanted at the time.

Would it be possible for Allen to subsitute 'output' for 'input' so that he ended up with a reject
filter that would look like:

rej/spot node_default output <filter-spec>

Is 'output' a valid qualifier for node_default in the same way as 'input' is?

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---