[Dxspider-support] Telnet connection keep alive

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Sun Nov 13 15:39:13 GMT 2016

Sun, 13 Nov 2016 13:23:18 +0000
Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support <dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
kirjoitti:

> It is rarely seen these days :-)

Not seen any :)

> Any traffic, in either direction, will delay the prompt, but is there
> is no traffic for $user_interval seconds on your link, then it will
> send a command prompt. Set/ping for nodes serves roughly the same
> purpose.
Does spider think, that it has send spot, even it is filtered and does
not send prompt?

When I have set filter, to reject those ego,please, 59, please spots
and also rtty/data, I get quite small amount of spots. Early morning
hours, there's less spots anyway.

Now, in this situation connection becomes "zombie" I see, I have
connected, but nothing happens, when sending something to cluster and
no prompt can be seen either. I have noticed, that my routers firewall
blocks out for some reason this telnet connection. It seems, that my
client (cqrlog) should send something, to keep connection alive... Or,
like I did, I took my linux firewall in use and bridged router channel.
There's some other users also seen this happen.

Jarmo