[Dxspider-support] AR-C partner link

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Dec 24 16:59:58 CET 2019

I don't think that AR-C answers ping requests, do a 'set/pinginterval  0
<callsign>' and that problem will go away. I also STRONGLYrecommend that
you do a 'set/isolate <callsign>'.

Please consider carefully sending spots to/from the AR-C network because
I don't think their deduplication filters are completely watertight and
you may cause problem with spot loops in their network. Also, it seems,
that AR-C does not obey "standards" with frequencies and causes
duplicate spots on our network because they round frequencies.

So do a 'set/isolate <callsign>' and enjoy what comes in locally, it
will make sure that only locally generated spots will go to AR-C and
AR-C generated spots will go to local users but no further. PLEASE don't
distribute them to the DXSpider network. It causes enough trouble already.

73 Dirk G1TLH