[Dxspider-support] Mojo DxSpider on Windows

Testing 123 iulianp at msn.com
Mon Jul 13 13:06:21 CEST 2020

Hi Dirk and  all.

After following the various instructions to get the Mojo update  etc,
installing Mojolicious, Data-Structure-Util and sorting out various other
errors (I can’t remember how I did it, at this point in time...)  I have
come to the following pretty much ‘final’ errors:

'which' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

Time::HiRes::clock_gettime(): unimplemented in this platform at
/spider/perl/RBN.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /spider/perl/RBN.pm line 21.
Compilation failed in require at cluster.pl line 150.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at cluster.pl line 150.

Now, I understand (from programmers' forums etc) that ‘which’ is a Linux
command (bash command? or app?) and problems can occur when called from a
cmd in Windows... He he. I am in Windows 7, but it might be worth
experimenting in Windows 10 with 'Windows Subsystem for Linux' (in Windows
Features), Ubuntu app for Windows or other implementations.
I do have the HiRes::clock module. The gettime(); I am not sure abt. On
some forums it says this is actually a Perl issue (or at least on some of
the Perl versions).
I have run out of free time for the moment as I moved onto a recently
purchased Pactor modem; plus the usual work/fam commitments.
It looks like it is time to move onto Linux for dxs builds over 0.215. For
me this means yet another 50W bulb... ( up to an i5 PC let's say ) running
24/356 (I have WinLink RMS, BPQ32, SM etc installed on an i5 already).  I
don't think that it's worth (loadwise) running dxs in a Linux vm on the
current PC. Can a Pi take the load of a Linux / 200 users (for ex) dxs
install?

73 de J, MØIPU YOЗFCA

Latest Strawberry Perl
Windows 7