[Dxspider-support] Inheritance between sessions

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 10:54:06 GMT 2021

I have to yet to look at this in detail, but I suspect I know what may
be going on.

There *is* client software out there which, together with rubbishy
internet connections / isps, means that users find themselves with
"half-open" TCP connections. Or at least, so it seems. There is
provision in the code for dealing with this that allows multiple
connections which automagically adds ssids to the base and then treats
all these "connections" (of which only one is actually bidirectionally
active) as one user - rather than N different ones. There is a flag
($main::allowmultiple) which defaults to 0 that controls this. In the
default setting this *should* cause "normal" separation with user-ssid
calls being treated as distinct callsigns. But the code is a bit tricky
and there may be an interaction with registration that I am not aware of.

If there is something awry, that I can reproduce here, then this where I
need to look.

Dirk