[Dxspider-support] Permissions

Kelly Leavitt kelly at catcorner.org
Tue Feb 7 16:04:08 GMT 2023

I don't have access to spin up a new VM. This instance is donated by a local fiber provider free for our club, but on the understanding that I maintain it. I'm just glad I could do the upgrade from the command line.

I started back on ax.25 as KB2SYD-5. I had connections coming in directly on 2m at 1200 baud, through a node located on a nearby mountaintop relayed at 9600 baud on 440 and of course through telnet. I still have all of the equipment. I was actually kb2syd.ampr.org for a while too.

I also started in the Unix family all the way back in 1983. After all of these years, one thing I do know about computers is that I don't know much.

I am glad my issue was something as simple as permissions. There were old subdirectories and files with owner scarc (the sysop name I used to run the cluster under).
Getting everything to owner=sysop, group=sysop and the correct permissions has made it all work great again.

Thank you, Dirk for all the work you do keeping this alive.  A big thank you to all of the other contributors too.

If there is anything I can do to help, please reach out.

73 de Kelly
KE2L