[Dxspider-support] "git pull" issue?

Stephen Carroll aa4u.steve at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 17:48:38 GMT 2023

I've been running the latest Ubuntu version for quite a while, with
DXSpider v1.57 build 517, perl v5.34.0

I saw several nodes over the weekend had updated to v1.57 build 519, so
after the BARTG contest ended last night I tried updating myself. Normally,
Kin's check_build tool does the job effectively. However, when I ran the
tool it froze up and hadn't completed in 2 minutes. So, I hit Ctrl-C to
abort. I rebooted the computer and tried Kin's tool again, with the same
result. At first, I suspected the tool was malfunctioning. But, when I
tried to do a manual update, I was getting nothing back after issuing "git
pull". I've done many manual updates this way. None of this is new to me or
my node configuration.

su - sysop [password]
cd /spider
git reset --hard
git pull

I get the correct response from the 'git reset --hard" command, even "git
describe --long". I'm no linux guru, so even tried re-installing git (apt
install git). Don't know enough to figure this out on my own.

It appears something specific to my node since nobody else has mentioned
this issue. Any ideas? Is there another way to force a spider update?
Thanks in advance.

73, Steve - AA4U