[Dxspider-support] set/badip - what are its effects?

Luigi Carlotto IK5ZUK ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Fri Feb 2 19:30:47 GMT 2024

Hello Martin and all.

Spider filters out all the spots coming from the badip addresses and
also prevents (as do the set/lockout cmd) the login inside the node from
that IP marked as "badip".
When a sysop marks an IP as badip, that action remains locally and it's
not propagated to all the nodes in the net. Actually, the badip
propagation from node-to-node into the Net does not exists.
Dirk more that one year ago created two kind of badip list in one of his
server and we can add to our Spider's crontab file the entries to
download them into our nodes.

73 Luigi IK5ZUK