[Dxspider-support] Using MariaDB with Debian 12 - Help please

Ulrich Habel rhaen at pkgbox.de
Sun Mar 17 00:38:01 GMT 2024

> Am 16.03.2024 um 16:45 schrieb Iain Philipps via Dxspider-support <dxspider-support at tobit.co.uk>:
>
> I just can’t get DXSpider to connect to the database. I can connect to the database over the network using ODBC so I  guess this is a localhost type issue.   I just can’t find it.
> Yes, the lines in DXVars.pm are set up.   But has Maria 10.11 changed the syntax I wonder?

Iain,

I run the same setup as you - and it works flawlessly. My config is below. Have you setup the use dxcluster correctly? Aka, as "dxcluster"@localhost? As you can see I am running a mariadb server; however I am still running the mysql perl client. I wasn’t keen to switch to the new driver so far. Please also ensure to have the libraries installed as below (dbi + dbd). So no issues here.

spider/local/DXVars.pm:

# MySQL Section
$dsn = "dbi:mysql:database=dxcluster;host=localhost";
$dbuser = "dxcluster";
$dbpass = "<secret>";

Packages:

ii  libdbi-perl:amd64                       1.643-4
libdbd-mysql-perl:amd64                 4.050-5+b1
libdbd-mariadb-perl                     1.22-1+b1
ii  libmariadb3:amd64                       1:10.11.6-0+deb12u1            amd64        MariaDB database client library
ii  mariadb-client                          1:10.11.6-0+deb12u1            amd64        MariaDB database client binaries
ii  mariadb-client-core                     1:10.11.6-0+deb12u1            amd64        MariaDB database core client binaries
ii  mariadb-common                          1:10.11.6-0+deb12u1            all          MariaDB common configuration files
ii  mariadb-server                          1:10.11.6-0+deb12u1            amd64        MariaDB database server binaries
ii  mariadb-server-core                     1:10.11.6-0+deb12u1            amd64        MariaDB database core server files

Regards,
Uli